We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Does anyone else make their own clothes

1…114115117119120…126

Comments

  • Bunny200
    Bunny200 Posts: 627 Forumite
    Just wanted to let you guys know about a fabric retailer I just stumbled across, great prices.
    Check out my blog post for info

    btw - the company is nothing to do with me just wanted to spread the joy!
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They are all beautiful Bunny200 - and you're very naughty for putting temptation into our paths!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,581
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    another added to my list of favourite sites! Now there are so many!.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    Bunny200, I use that company alot, such great prices! x
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

    1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • 23rdspiral
    23rdspiral Posts: 1,929
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    edited 1 March 2010 at 3:13PM
    i'm just visiting from the Sewing Room over on Celebrations, and i'm sad i never saw this thread before! there's so much good advice here!
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,581
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    23rdspiral wrote: »
    i'm just visiting from the Sewing Room over on Celebrations, and i'm sad i never saw this thread before! there's so much good advice here!

    Wonder if that was from my nudge to this place? We sewing minded people need to mingle more!!:T
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Sunshine12
    Sunshine12 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    Ive been hovering over here too from Sewing Room. Loved that last fabric supplier link. Their stuff looks really reasonably priced. This is a great thread too!
    :smileyhea
  • Bunny200
    Bunny200 Posts: 627 Forumite
    Vice Versa, just been over to the Sewing Thread! Looks good, a huge amount of info there!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,581
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Well I have managed to cut out, and mostly sew a handbag while DGD was asleep. Hopefully I will finish it tonight, if I am not too tired or sore!.
    I nee to push myself to get to the sewing machine again. Its so easy to just put things off. But once I start, I am happy to sew until my neck problems remind me to stop!. (or DGD wakes up of course!).
    After the handbag its the babies Bibs!! I have all the fabrics, as I am using a £1 mr A. bath towel, for the fabric backs, and the myriad bits of fabrics I have acquired over the years.
    Then after reading the Sewing Room thread, then I think that a Peg Bag may be needed.
    My Mum's peg bag is the old lampshade cover that was in my bedroom when I was 17/18years old. So now thats 30 years ago!! Fabrics lasted well!. But maybe I could do her a new one for Mothers Day, (I am under strict orders not to buy anything for the family while I am on a low income. But nobody said I couldnt make something out of what I have already got!.)

    Seeing peoples posts spur me on to sew again. Non of my friends sew a stitch! So ther is nobody to be enthusiastic with. Except on here.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • yumyums
    yumyums Posts: 686 Forumite
    Hello! I'm new here
    I've been inspired by this thread to start sewing as a hobby. I have my first lesson today. Wish me luck...
    Does it take a long time before you can actually make something wearable (eg. a simple summer skirt?)
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.