Water bill query, UU.

Options
me and my partner have lived in our rented flat since September, when we moved in we were told all utility suppliers had been informed.

we've recently had our electricity bill which was back dated to the date we moved in, but during a conversation today i realised we'd not had anything about water and im panicking a bit. this is the first time we've both lived in a property away from parents so have never really dealt with anything like this.

if i call to ring UU and explain this and they ask for a date we move in, is there anything to lose by lying about this and sayikng we've just moved in? or will they know? if we say september are they going to back date our bills?

unfortunately our Electricity bill since september has wiped out a lot of our funds at the moment.

thanks for reading!

Comments

• whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look at your tenancy agreement, water may be included as part of your rent.
    If the flat is a purpose built one and is recently built, then the water may be metered and the bills are 6 monthly.
    Or, if you are friendly with any of your neighbours who also rent, maybe you could ask them.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure