Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions

Options

Comments

• Marros
    Options
    Ye, it DID go on RIGHT to the end.... I registered on here late last night in order to complain about it and I don't usually do that sort of thing!

I'm wondering why Martin hasn't been on here (yet) to answer all these comments about the ridiculous way his show was presented to the public...

Or does he really CARE what we think? Perhaps NOT!

...Irate viewer of his show, ('but won't get fooled again')

Marros.
  • nannyboo1
    Options
    I have been really looking forward to watching this as I loved the show that was on Channel 5. Am just about to go watch it but am no longer looking forward to it. Will stick it out as desperately want/need any info on how to get finances on track, but think reading posts on here will be the way to go rather than watching the programme
    :wave: Kate :hello:
  • halsteadk
    Options
    nannyboo1 wrote: »
    I have been really looking forward to watching this as I loved the show that was on Channel 5. Am just about to go watch it but am no longer looking forward to it. Will stick it out as desperately want/need any info on how to get finances on track, but think reading posts on here will be the way to go rather than watching the programme

I don't think you'll learn anything you can't get from this site. Great website, great advice, but gutter TV. Seems to have been made to appeal to idiots (both in the camerawork but also in the way the presenters spoke - particularly Martin's sidekick in the lift), but idiots won't follow the advice will they...

If we didn't have a licence-funded broadcaster, all TV would be made like this....
  • halsteadk
    Options
    Marros wrote: »
    I'm wondering why Martin hasn't been on here (yet) to answer all these comments about the ridiculous way his show was presented to the public...

He has acknowledged on Twitter comments about the camera work.

"Hi folks thanks for all the great feedback on #itvMLshow. It rated really well 3.7m. And I will make your point about camera to producers"

https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis/status/251081906555346944

I would disagree that "rated well" is defined by viewing figures for a single week (perhaps in TV speak but not in common English) - surely by viewer appreciation, and I guess any change in viewing figures the 2nd week.
  • p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought it actually made Superscrimpers look good. At least on there its continual facts and tips for the whole program.

Unfortunately Martin only told us a few things ( were there only 3 points made) which were on the last show anyway and his continual shouting and jumping about is really annoying. If the next show is the same we wont be watching again.

Come on Martin we want new tips and money saving facts not a rehash of the old show
  • Marros
    Options
    Hi Halsteadk

Thanks for your link.
    At least he has acknowledged the many adverse comments...

Marros.
  • mj730
    Options
    I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only one who hated the camera work.
    What should have been a good program ruined by the camera. As others have said I'll stick with the website I can read that at my own speed without being on speed.
  • nannyboo1
    Options
    Have to admit I was really disappointed as my first viewing Martin on TV was his channel 5 show which I thought was really good of not.Will give this a couple of more goes before I give up but definitely not as good
    :wave: Kate :hello:
  • AndyT678
    Options
    I just have to add my voice to the chorus. I lasted about 10 minutes before I had to turn over to get away from that bl00dy camera!
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just wanted to add my voice to the votes against the camera work. Martin, you are wonderful, but this was at best annoying, and at worst seems to have made people feel ill. Please, please, please sort this out.

I was once told that you haven't communicated unless the other person has got the message - for me, the camera detracted from the message so much that even the toy trains lost their appeal - and that's really bad!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure