I Want 2 cut my NTL bill. What is 1899?

Options
2»

Comments

• stuartw101
    stuartw101 Posts: 381 Forumite
    Options
    We currently pay: Family plus Sports and Movies Package - £50.50
    3 Add Set top box rent - £45 (We get the other box free)
    1MB Broadband - £17.99
    Fully itemised billing - £1

Total: £114.49 + the costs of calls i make so it could go up to £120.

Do you think we can get any sort of discount? We have the standard 321 telephone service so we only pay for the calls we make. We dont pay for line rental, so i dont know if that is normal? So im not sure if what we have already has had money taken off when we first got it over 3 years ago. For example we get one set top box rental free and it doesnt say we pay £10.50 for line rental.

Also what can i say to get a discount?

Thanks
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First do your homework, compare what you have with other companies i.e sky,freeview, bt - talk,talk etc

Read all the threads here, take notes and then present this to NTL, you are one of there most valued customers as you have the whole lot, thay will do everything in there power to keep you!

One person got free broadband for a year! so you should get at least £20-£30 a month off!

Good luck, just do your homework so you can justify anything they say!

Treat like a court case :) lol
  • deefadog
    Options
    Any luck mate? I have not had a chance yet, but i have signed up with 18866, so UK calls cost my 0.5 per minute :)
  • April2
    April2 Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    deefadog wrote:
    Any luck mate? I have not had a chance yet, but i have signed up with 18866, so UK calls cost my 0.5 per minute :)
    Suggest you sign up with call1899.co.uk. Your calls - of whatever length - to UK 01/02 numbers will then by 0p/minute (after 3p connection).
    Their - possessive pronoun (owned by them e.g. "They locked their car").
    They're - colloquial/abbreviated version of 'They are'
    There - noun (location other than here e.g. "You can buy groceries there") OR adverb (in or at that place e.g. "They have lived there for years") OR adverb (to or towards that place e.g. "Go there at noon") OR adverb (in that matter e.g. " I agree with you there").
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    deefadog wrote:

I'm a little puzzled here, why sign up with 18866 for UK landline calls at 0.5p/min when you can sign up with their sister service 1899 and pay just 3p per call, that is per call - not per minute.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • deefadog
    Options
    Cheers, i never new about that!

I'll go and have a looksy :)

edie - Just had a looksy - fantastic - going with these, they are even cheaper than the ntl - to ntl free calls! which have a 5p connection charge :)

Thanks again, saved me a packet
  • deefadog
    Options
    Quick question, as i am with ntl i have to dial 0808 1 708 708, wait for the voice propt then enter the number i want to ring, with the number i want to ring do i have put in the international code and area code if it is for local calls?
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    No need for international code for UK numbers, however local calls must be dialled as per the national number eg) with area code.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • deefadog
    Options
    I see, thanks - i am going to get the orchid dialler anywas (just noticed the thread)and this adds the codes automatically any way :)

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport