We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

BR notices in the local newspaper

Options

Comments

• betterlatethannever
    Options
    I stand corrected. :o (not for the first time)
    Thank you Richard and MM:D
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • MammaCas
    MammaCas Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    I wasn't particularly keen on seeing our names in the local "rag" but my O.H let the whole of the village shop know when she eventually saw ours.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Idon't know; women.:confused::D

:rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    I only found out it had appeared because a smarta*se decided to tell me she'd seen it. :rolleyes: By the time I'd finished with her, she wished she'd never opened her mouth. :D

Er, why don't I find that hard to believe wdiag?:eek: :eek:

There's not many people I can't handle in an argument; written or verbal, but I'd want to be sober and well rested if you were the opposition.:A ;):D
  • wherediditallgo
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    Er, why don't I find that hard to believe wdiag?:eek: :eek:

There's not many people I can't handle in an argument; written or verbal, but I'd want to be sober and well rested if you were the opposition.:A ;):D
    Bless you. :kiss: So young & so wise. :D
  • Richard_S
    Options
    Bless you. :kiss: So young & so wise. :D

Wdiag, I think I'm falling in love with you;:smileyhea to call me young,:A and wise.:love: What more could an ageing guy ask for.;)
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    closest thing to a public executution, i bet some folk trawl the notices all day, and maybe have days out at magistrates courts whilst knitting, as if the personal humiliation isnt enough, surely ones human rights are being infringed?
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • Richard_S
    Options
    closest thing to a public executution,more like a public exoneration i bet some folk trawl the notices all day, and maybe have days out at magistratesCounty Courts courts whilst knitting, as if the personal humiliation isnt enough, Never a word I would use to describe my experience surely ones human rights are being infringed?That's what Geoffrey Archer said when he was trying to keep his name out of the Gazette[/quote]

Max,

I do think you're being overly sensitive; its only bankruptcy;:rolleyes: nothing to be proud of, but nothing to be ashamed of either.;)

Richard
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Bankruptcy is something that by it's very nature and purpose must be a matter of public record.

It may not seem like it, but that is also something that protects you as well as the creditors. If a cred pops up years later and says they weren't aware of the BR the fact that is was 'advertised' means it is then tough on them.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,295 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The advert in the local paper and also the notification to the London Gazette is done by the OR. And 'local' does not necessarily mean the one you would consider local. If you want to know which paper, ask the exmainer during your interview, as the standard letter to the newspaper should be in your file.
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    surely if my SOA includes all my creditors details and they are informed direct, the matter is in a closed loop?
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport