BR notices in the local newspaper

Options
Ok, I will have to admit that since considering going BR I have been looking for the BR notices in our local paper and have only ever seen 3 personal ones - the rest have been business ones. This has been for the last 3 months.

So, (not that I am paranoid or worried about anyone seeing MY notice - of course :rolleyes: ), I had a look on the gazette online thingy that someone posted on here, and there were 80 personal BR at my local county court in December alone.

Who is it that actually posts the notices? The OR? The Court?

Of course I'm sure when it comes to mine it will be there, in full colour and 18pt (or that's what it will seem like) for all to see...........:eek:

Thanks in advance

Mamma(paranoid)Cas

Comments

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Hi MammaCas,

I think the information is collated from all the Courts in the Country, together will company insolvencies, share issues, share redemptions and 100's of 1,000's of other bland boring snippets of mostly meaningless information.

Anybody that stumbles across your name amongst that lot really doesn't have much of a life.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Remember the old saying; "the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about". If anybody you know does happen to see it, it'll soon be old news.

Richard
  • piggeh
    piggeh Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think a poll would be interesting to see how many people were 'discovered' to be BR via the notices in the paper. I would imagine it's only a few percent, although everyone worries that the few percent will be them.
    matched betting: £879.63
  • winnie81
    winnie81 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    My OR classed my local paper as one thats actually read by people 25 miles away - I wasn't in a rush to put her straight :rotfl:
    Wife to a great husband and mum to 4 fantastic kids 9,8,4,3 they drive me mad but I would do anything and give everything for my family :grinheart
  • MammaCas
    MammaCas Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    piggeh wrote: »
    I think a poll would be interesting to see how many people were 'discovered' to be BR via the notices in the paper. I would imagine it's only a few percent, although everyone worries that the few percent will be them.

Good idea - but if I saw a BR notice in the paper of someone I knew, I certainly wouldn't mention it to them :eek:

Maybe a poll to see who actually had a notice in the paper?

MC
  • MammaCas
    MammaCas Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    winnie81 wrote: »
    My OR classed my local paper as one thats actually read by people 25 miles away - I wasn't in a rush to put her straight :rotfl:
    :T Nice one!

So is it the OR that puts it in the paper?

And did they tell you which paper it was going in or did you 'discover' it yourself?
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    I think its the courts that do it (though i could be wrong-but mine went in the paper before i had my OR interview and just a few days after going to court)
    No they don't tell you which paper, or when.
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • sammahootexpress
    Options
    iv looked in my local paper every week for the last 4 months since iv gone br i havnt seen mine, i got worried so looked up online just to confirm i was, noticed today that someone with a lower 000 / 2007 than mine was printed , hey most people who know me know iv gone and dont care.
  • wherediditallgo
    Options
    MammaCas wrote: »
    :T Nice one!

So is it the OR that puts it in the paper?

And did they tell you which paper it was going in or did you 'discover' it yourself?
    I think it's the courts who pass the info to the paper, & it's the editor who puts it in. The intention is for it to appear asap to let creditors know your situation. Someone must check them though, because in rare instances someone may appear more than once if their details appear incorrectly the first time around & it's decided that the error is important enough to warrant a corrected version being printed.

They don't tell you which paper it's going in or when. So if you have more than one local paper, you'll probably end up doing what I did - buy the wrong one for weeks on end & never see it. I only found out it had appeared because a smarta*se decided to tell me she'd seen it. :rolleyes: By the time I'd finished with her, she wished she'd never opened her mouth. :D
  • The_Madmouse
    Options
    todays news....tomorrows chip wrappers

I asked when going to court...the judge told me after I left details of my case are forwarded to the OR office for them to contact me...then the OR publishes the details not the court.

(never did see it though...in either the local rag or exchange & mart :D
    I eat trolls for breakfast :cool:
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, there is some confusion here,:eek:

MammaCas referred to the Gazette, and I assume she meant the London Gazette, and I'm reasonably certain that, that information is either submitted by the Courts to the Gazette, or collected from the Courts by the Gazette.

The notice in the local paper is submitted by the O.R, because they're the ones that are interested in any debts owed by, or to the bankrupt.

I wasn't particularly keen on seeing our names in the local "rag" but my O.H let the whole of the village shop know when she eventually saw ours.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Idon't know; women.:confused::D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport