Web Hosting

Myy web hoster (Zen) has come up for renewal at £50 + VAT. As I am now a serious money saver, I am looking for a better deal -- Can anyone recommend someone nice and cheap but still with excellent service as I will need the website for my work! :rolleyes:

Thanks

Comments

• Has anyone tried to subscribe to a european website? Look at tiscali.fr and you get 8mb for 15 euros a month!! look at tiscal.nl and 1mb is 3.99 euros a month. Rip off Britain strikes again
  • What kind of webhosting services are you looking for? I get a good basic hosting package with my internet service provider (freenetname) which is included in the monthly cost of broadband. It's 100MB of space, they don't support PHP but I don't have a problem with having an HTML only website. It doesn't cost me anything above what I would have been paying for connection so in my book it's something I'm getting for free. It's particularly good if you migrate to them as you get four months free internet connection.
  • GeoThermal
    GeoThermal Posts: 682 Forumite
    I'm not sure that running a business site for the cheapest possible price is a great idea. £50 +VAT sounds cheap (depending on what you get of course) so if the service is very good I think I'd stay put.
  • I guess it depends on what kind of business site it is. If you need a lot of webspace, MySql/PHP or some kind of backend payment system - stick with Zen. If you need a 'brochure' website for people to go to for more information regarding your business/services and to contact you through then you probably don't need to be paying £50.
  • GeoThermal
    GeoThermal Posts: 682 Forumite
    I have sent you a PM regarding a friend who does web hosting. I mentioned your post to him and he said he would be happy to do a deal for you. Hopefully you can work something out with him. If anyone else is interested PM me. I don't want to post details in case it is viewed as spam.
  • Thanks to all who replied -- we have decided to go with Streamline (13.99 + VAT) pa (paid for 2 years) and we have registered a new www for free. Seemed like a good deal.... At the moment the website is not doing anything but ideally I would like it to be there or people to contact me so this did seem much cheaper than Zen. (A saving of nearly £85 over the 2 years :))
    Cheers
    Kat
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family