PLEASE HELP nokia 7600

Options
ksh123
ksh123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
hello i am ksh123s daughter, and mum has kindly bought me this phone. however i really dont know very much about computers, :-[ the technical side anyway. so i have two major problems. first is that i tried to install the nokia suite 6 onto my computer using the cable that came wioth the phone which is a DKU2 but when it came to installing it a window popped up saying warning this cable has not passed the windows logo something or other to check its capability with windowsxp, then it went on to say that i shouldnt install it because it could compromise the way the computer works. so now i have no idea what to do. my mum cant help because she's laid up with her back and can't move and i have no idea what i'm doing. :'( if any one has any kind of advice it would be so greatly apreciated i'm really in a mess. the second problem is that the phone is a pay as you go and is registred with three, however as a pays as you go i have been warned to stay away from three and i know the phone is compatable with any sim card, but i have no idea how to go about changing networks, people have told me i need to unlock it and reset it but i have no idea what this means ??? so again if any one knows what it means and how i go about changing networks and how long it will take etc i would be forever in your debt. p.s please make all explanations idioot proof. thank you so much. ;D
Stop looking for answers....
The most you can hope for are clues.....:)

Comments

• scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    when it says about the compatibility just ignore it, it just means that microsoft haven't signed the driver off. Doesn't mean it won't work or cause problems, click ok and off you go..

there's a thread on here about unlocking them. No need to stay away from 3, they're cheap but don't have the best coverage.
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,daughter of Ksh123,

If you click Here, there seems to be info on the same situation as yours on this thread.

I am moving your thread to the "Phones etc." board.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family