say no to 0845 numbers

Comments

• monkeyspanner
    monkeyspanner Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    Watch out for 0844 and 0871 numbers, not free with BT anytime tariff.
  • sandramary wrote: »
    Help! the Co-operative Insurance has very sneakily replaced all the alternative numbers listed on SAYNOTO0845. So when you phone any of the other numbers all you get is a message saying you now have to dial 08459998888 and no the queue is not any shorter or the price any less!! does anyone have another number I can use? and incidentally NEVER use the Co-operative to insure your car. thanks

Not sure if any of these will help
    Co-op banking overseas contact +44 1695 53760 so try 01695 53760
    Co-op insurance (financial advisor appointments) 0800 9171431

Co-op insurance (claims Income protection) 01306 887733
  • thank you all for your help I will try the other numbers-I am with talktalk and the 0845 aren,t free for me-the phone call last Wednesday to the Co-operative (to be told that still nothing has progressed with my car insurance claim in over 3 months) cost me 95 :mad:pence!!! and most of that time was in the queue
    thanks again at least you can count on the folks on this website:j
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've used the Saynoto 0870 site for some time now and its saved me quiite a bit of money. However, a lot of organisations have wised up to the fact that BT & SKY have n ow included 0870 numbers in their tariffs and they have started changing over to 0871 numbers. same goes for changing from 0845 to 0844. One loophole that sometimes works or me is- on some sites an organisation includes a number to ring if you are calling from abroad. this is usually their regular landline with the international prefix before it ( usually 0044). If you phone this number without the international prefix & add a nought before the STD code, then you can usually get through. Occasionally, cust service has said they cant deal with me as they are the overseas team, but its worth a try
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • Can I make it quite clear that nowadays the problem lies with the 0844 and 0871 nos. and not with the 0845 and 0870 nos. I run a small business and chose an 0845 no. as this enables customers to call me at a cheap rate and enables me to provide an easily memorable no. for my customers. I am also aware that 0845 and 0870 nos. are often included in free call packages, from BT for example.

Can I suggest that we change the title of this thread from 'Say no to 0845' to 'say no to 0844'.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    carlos64 wrote: »
    I run a small business and chose an 0845 no. as this enables customers to call me at a cheap rate...
    Carlos, welcome to the forums.

Why not use an 03 number?

03 numbers are charged at the same rate as 01 and 02 numbers.

See Ofcom's description.

I think one of the things people object to is revenue sharing. Why should a company make money when someone phones them?
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can I suggest that we change the title of this thread from 'Say no to 0845' to 'say no to 0844'.
    As this is a six-year-old thread which has had the lid pulled off its coffin, and most of which is out of date, it would be a better idea to start a new thread on 0844/0871 numbers.

The (excellent) website is still called www.saynoto0870.com. I don't know what it was called in 2004 and, before someone tells me, I don't care ;-)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Can I make it quite clear that nowadays the problem lies with the 0844 and 0871 nos. and not with the 0845 and 0870 nos. I run a small business and chose an 0845 no. as this enables customers to call me at a cheap rate and enables me to provide an easily memorable no. for my customers. I am also aware that 0845 and 0870 nos. are often included in free call packages, from BT for example.

As the previous poster said - get an 03 number instead!

0845/70 numbers are still a rip off from all (?) mobiles

:(
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Dear All

If we call from our mobile PAYG how much approximately will it cost per Min to call. I am aware that this will vary depend on the number but I am asking the cost in average:

I understand that 0844 and 0870 will be more expensive how much approximately will it cost in AVERAGE per Min

Can I make it quite clear that nowadays the problem lies with the 0844 and 0871 nos. and not with the 0845 and 0870 nos. I run a small business and chose an 0845 no. as this enables customers to call me at a cheap rate and enables me to provide an easily memorable no. for my customers. I am also aware that 0845 and 0870 nos. are often included in free call packages, from BT for example.

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    adindas wrote: »
    If we call from our mobile PAYG how much approximately will it cost per Min to call. I am aware that this will vary depend on the number but I am asking the cost in average
    I fear that's absolutely impossible to answer. It would depend on your network (Orange, 3 etc), and your 'plan' - even on PAYG that can vary.

Costs may be on your network's website?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family