We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Help, regarding notification of thanks from others.
Hi Moderation Team,
I hope you're all doing well on this sunny day.
I have a quick question regarding how forum notifications work. I often notice that my posts receive "Thank You" reactions from other members, but I never seem to receive an alert or notification when someone reacts to one of my messages.
Could you please clarify if this is a default setting on the platform, or if there is a specific option under my account notification settings that I need to enable?
Thank you very much for your time and assistance!
Comments
-
This currently isn't a feature.
I just checked on this in our providers Feature Request area, and it was a popular requested feature in the past, but it couldn't be implemented because at the the time there was no way to Mute conversations, so a popular post could blow up your notifications with now way to opt out of just that thread.
Now that "Mute" is available per-thread, I'll bump the idea for reconsideration. 🙂
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com2 -
On the Competitions board, it is normal to click the Comp-liment button as a way of thanking the comp poster without making an actual Thank you post and generating many Notifications. The number of Comp-liments can run into hundreds for many competitions and I can't imagine it would be very popular if each one of these generated a Notification. It wouldn't work very well if the comp posters had to Mute every post as this would then stop genuine, relevant, post responses with info or queries.
Is it possible for the Comp-liments button to work differently to the Thanks button?
Bob1 -
Is it possible for the Comp-liments button to work differently to the Thanks button?
Not currently.
But it's way to early to speculate how any system would work. I believe that 'Reactions' haven't been updated for years and since the whole system is being updated piece-by-piece, it's quite possible that it'd be much more configurable in the future.
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com1 -
Thank you; I now understand the negatives of this.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

