We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
BUY IT NOW OFFERS
Hi, I'm selling an item on Ebay by way of aution. I do have "buy it now offers" accepted too.
Somebody has been in contact with me to ask if they can buy it now and sent an offer, which is over £800 and cash on delivery. The person lives 10 miles away which is no problem. If I do accept, how do I go about it on ebay and any tips on delivering it etc. TIA
Comments
-
Is it a mobile phone ?
0 -
No it's football memorabilia.
0 -
I didn't think you could accept cash.
0 -
Yes you can. eBay takes it's cut anyway by sending you a bill for their percentage.
OP if they are paying actual cash it's not a problem, I would only say don't go alone
0 -
Cash is no longer allowed on eBay ,if OP is a private seller then it’s all done through managed payments and sellers pay no fees, the buyer pays a buyers fee to eBay.
OP this is going to be very difficult to achieve , how is your listing set up? is it simple or custom delivery, and are you asking for collection only or offering postage? If it’s simple delivery then buyer would need to pay via managed payments and either collect as agreed or pay the postage - depending on how it was set up. If it was custom postage then buyer still pays postage and you can arrange delivery as normal. Remember that if posting by any method at all you will need full online tracking, if buyer is collecting then don’t let the item go without using the QR confirmation code.
If you try and do any sort of private ‘off eBay’ sale now for cash you are likely to get your account restricted .
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
"
- Payment on collection, including cash
- In the UK, payment on collection is only available in limited categories"
0 - Payment on collection, including cash
-
If they offer a bank transfer in person be very careful - lots of scams around that, usually with cars but I guess any high value item would do.
0 -
Things have changed then. You used to be able to do cash on collection and just agree the amount on eBay. I haven't sold on there for a while.
I always think cash is the safest option for any sale to a stranger, saves many scams
0 -
With Simple Delivery you don't get the collection address till you have paid.
0 -
Ok thanks, going to leave it to aution, seems too much trouble.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
