We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Comment box disappears while typing

What I did:

This is an intermittent problem. Occasionally whilst typing a comment the box just disappears completely, leaving the Save Draft and Post Comment buttons directly underneath Leave a Comment.

Device/Browser:

Chrome 154.0.8037.57

Android 12; SM-G975U1 Build/SP1A.210812.016

- this has happened before and after updating Chrome. (Also the letter duplication problem is still happening as I type, but that's a separate thread.)

1
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

  • MSE_Stephen
    MSE_Stephen Posts: 1,317 Community Admin
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!

    Hi,

    I've seen reports about this a few times. It's usually when something is pasted in that crashes the editor.

    Exact examples are what we really need where possible to show our provider.
    Any info you can give the next time you see this happen would be extremely helpful.

    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Flag a news story:
    news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 11,208 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper

    The last time it happened I didn't paste anything, I was mid-word typing. I hadn't even quoted, it was just all plain text like this comment.

  • MSE_Stephen
    MSE_Stephen Posts: 1,317 Community Admin
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!

    Hi again,

    If this happens again, and you can think of anything that might have triggered it, please let us know. I know that can be a difficult thing to work out, especially if it seems to happen out of the blue.

    It's hard for our provider to investigate when we can’t show them how to reproduce the problem, so anything you’re able to share would help us explain what’s happening.

    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Flag a news story:
    news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 11,208 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper

    Yep, I understand. I can say the page auto-saving the comment doesn't appear to trigger it, as the page does that all the time and it's only an intermittent problem.

    I hadn't navigated away from the tab, hadn't copied or pasted anything. I don't think I'd accidentally switched languages on my keyboard - I'll try that, actually - nope, so far nothing.

    Not when I drag the cursor around then go back, nor inserting an earlier paragraph nor deleting it.

    Just tried copying, pasting, deleting, nothing there either.

    I will be vigilant anyway in case it happens again, to try to recall exactly what I was doing / had done.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.