We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Vodafone for Broadband - experiences?

My contract with PlusNet is nearly up and thinking of jumping to Vodafone. Broadband only, FTTP, live in a city suburb.

Deal is approx £4 less per month over the 24 month contract.

Anything I should consider?

Comments

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,458 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    You'll get two types of reply

    • people who have had years of trouble-free service and who are pleased and satisfied with their purchase decision
    • people (like me) who had dreadful service and who wouldn't touch them again with someone else's

    Maybe dig through the OFCOM customer satisfaction survey for a more objective view

    https://www.ofcom.org.uk/siteassets/resources/documents/phones-telecoms-and-internet/comparing-service-quality/2025/comparing-customer-service-report-2025.pdf?v=397528

  • oldernonethewiser
    oldernonethewiser Posts: 3,241 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I've got friends who think they great and have had no issues.

    Long time ago they were my least favourite company owing to their customer service. Then I encountered O2 who moved into the No 1 slot.

    Things that are different: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid


  • Gonk1967
    Gonk1967 Posts: 109 Forumite
    10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Went across from Virgin Media at the end of April. Touch wood, no problems so far.

  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,851 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I'm with Vodafone now and had a previous contract with them earlier this decade. I haven't had any problems but then I've not really had to contact their Customer Service much.

    I'm happy to accept that other people might've had terrible experiences with them, but that's not mine.

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Tried to switch to them twice over the years and they messed both up and I'm not sure I'd ever try again. Does that put me on the fence?

  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 33,233 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Switched between Plusnet and Vodafone several times and mostly it's been fine but one switch lost my landline
    number that I have had for a very long time. Luckily we got the number reinstated but we did have slightly more
    downtime on the broadband side than we get/got with Plusnet. It's not a huge amount and mostly between
    1am and 2am where most people may not notice, just happens that I am near the router at those times so
    notice fairly quickly. I wondered if people worked in the exchanges at that time thinking it will affect less people?

    Thinking of going for the 1600MB package and only EE and Voda offer it in my area but Voda is more expensive
    so it looks like it will be EE but I would have gone with Voda if the price was right.

    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.