We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Moving from BT to Sky

Hi

Have been with BT for around a decade ( and Virgin for about 20 Years before that ) so not a regular mover between services

In short , my BT contract is up and price has gone from £48 to £68 ( Fibre 1 and BT sports ) . Had issues for quite a while with the TV box as it only records for a few minutes before stopping . I had gone on BT forum and found solution but never seems to work for long

I did call them a couple of days ago to see if they could lower the price at all but , after the usual 10 minutes on hold , said the best they could do was £58 and bumping up the broadband. I said I didnt want the BT sports and he requoted at £61 for the basic Entertainment package. I havent had a call from the retentions Dept so assume they arent to fussed about my custom.

I quite fancy moving to Sky for Fibre 900 broadband full fibre and the basic Entertainment package at around £35 ish

My question is whether I would need Sky to install anything or if the BT box on the wall could be used ? Below is the pic of what my current set up looks like

Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2026-09-30 134945.png
The truth shall set you free.....................

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.