We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Trapped in Virgin non-flex Isa
Comments
-
That sounds fine. You haven't broken any rules. I am presuming the Virgin ISA funds transferred are from a previous year's subscription, because you mention you have already paid this year's allowance to another provider.
0 -
Well, it's an E- ISA, so you operate it yourself online. I went to their (the receivers) app and navigated to my existing ISA and did it from there.
0 -
Thanks. I was thinking I'd lost part of my accumulated over the years ISA allowance. For example, if I had say £70k in ISA's and did what I did (£10k transferred) I'd lose the tax free wrapper on the £10k.
0 -
Say your money is currently in ISA 1 and you want it in ISA 2.
To transfer it in a way that keeps the tax free wrapper you tell ISA 2 that you want to move £x amount of money into ISA 2 from ISA 1. You give ISA 2 the account details of ISA 1, account number etc either by filling in a paper form and posting it to them or filling in an online form. ISA 2 contacts ISA 1 and tells them. ISA 1 asks you if this was you that requested the funds to move. You tell ISA 1 that yes, you want to move the money. ISA 1 sends your money to ISA 2. The money appears in ISA 2. This whole process can take up to 15 days.
Is this what happened?
0 -
Not really. It's just a form with the details you'd expect: details of where the money is from, the amount involved, have you paid into an ISA this tax year etc. Did say it would take up to 15 days.
0 -
That sounds correct, you filled in a form with the details of ISA 1 and it said it could take up to 15 days. I would interpret that as you have correctly transferred it and the ISA wrapper is fine.
1 -
Think this post should be pinned on the website. Also adding...it includes non-flexible too, not just flexible.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards