We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
AMEX payment app issue.
I pay my card manually as a direct debit comes far too early for me.
When I try and pay via bank transfer in the Amex app, it takes me to Lloyds app and all seems ok, when I''ve competed at Lloyds is redirects me back to the Amex app, but the Amex app has logged me out and no sign of payment
I tried a few times but always the same issue, I can pay using my Lloyds debit card.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Comments
-
Don't know if much help but I've just done exactly as you are trying to do.
Amex / Lloyds apps both inside secure folder on a Samsung phone.
No glitches at all.
1 -
Cant you just pay Amex from the actual bank using a sort code and account number?
0 -
No doubt there are few workarounds but none of them answer the question I posed.
Let's Be Careful Out There0 -
Well, to answer your question, no issues for me paying by bank.
1 -
It does help knowing there is something "wrong" with my setup, Mine is a Samsung as well phone, latest update but not in secure folder.
Let's Be Careful Out There0 -
You can change your statement date/payment date if that helps
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time0 -
The date is fine for my set-up. I could move the date so the direct debit comes out when I want it, but the issue I have with Amex is that the dd is taken 10 days before payment is due, that means over the course of the year I give up 120 days of not earning interest, which I refuse to do.
Let's Be Careful Out There1 -
With Amex, I either use pay by bank (with HSBC) or future dated Faster Payment - both work fine.
0 -
And when you look at your Lloyds account, has the payment left? The Amex app/website is always slow to show incoming payments.
0 -
Indeed but thats how ive paid every credit card off since the start of my adult life so why fix what isnt broken imo.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

