We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PIP suspended
Advice needed. I am currently in a care home for my short term care, but my short term care has now ended, but my social worker extended it for another 8 weeks but she is coming again in 6 weeks time to review me, but I asked her if I could stay here as I got use of the staff and the place, but got told no, because of funding and my age as I am 39 and I am the youngest in this care home. I asked my social worker if I could appeal the decision, and she said no, but they got a meeting tomorrow about me (the people who are helping me) to look for suitable accommodation like supported living.
However, since I been in here, my pip has been suspended, till they investigate if my council is funding it etc, but I need to pay a contribution towards my stay in this care home, I understand my daily living will be paused while I am here, but if I get moved into supported living, will all my payments be stopped then?
Even my mobility payment has been paused as well. I have had no pip payments since last month.
Any advice would be great, thank you.
Comments
-
When did you enter care home?
If your care home fees are paid in full or part by the local authority, National Health Service (NHS) or other public funds, payment of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) care component, Personal Independence Payment (PIP) daily living component, Adult Disability Payment (ADP) daily living component, Attendance Allowance (AA) or Pension Age Disability Payment (PADP) will stop after you have been in a care home for 28 days.
Life in the slow lane1 -
Morning.
I have checked proof of benefits and it seems my pip has been reinstated with some back pay, but I am going to be moving into supported living soon, I am just wondering, will both payments be stopped when I move in?
0 -
You will continue to receive your PIP payments whilst in supported living accommodation, but the daily living part may be taken into account as part of any financial assessment if the local authority require you to pay towards and care that you receive.
Can I ask what disability you have that has required you to receive care / have been in a care home? It may be relevant to your circumstances. Have you ever been sectioned under the Mental Health Act?
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards