We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
What to do with big premium bond win
Comments
-
Anyone else see today's list of big winners. A £1 holding bought in 1960 won £5k!! Wonder if the person still knew they had it?
1 -
Although, we are informed that the million pound winners are contacted I always wondered about the 'smaller' big wins. I'm aware that these are already available to view on the website so wondered if these people are also contacted on the day. I prefer to wait until notified on the app at midnight, if I'm still awake.
However, with your experience I can now still dream when I check my app in the morning. I won nothing last month but if I have 2 or more wins it is quite exciting clicking through each prize level....not being too greedy, but just hope that they aren't all £25.
My dream is that my first prize is say £1k, meaning that the rest are at least as much if not bigger....dream on. Will probably be brought back down to earth in the morning.
2 -
Good luck.
I did have to fill in a form they sent me and post it back. It was just to let them know where and how i wanted the win paid into.
0 -
A good morning for me.
3 prizes for October draw...
1x£25
1x£100
1x£100
🎉🎉
0 -
Ah yes, their stupid infamous postal forms. No reason why they don't give you an option to specify online where you want it. I'd be sending that back first class tracked with the state of Royal Mail these days. I've recently had to wait 2 weeks for a second class letter to arrive.
1 -
I did have 4 wins this month. The first two were £25, £25...fearing the worst... next £100 & hoping for the big one with the last prize....but alas that was also £100.... although tbh happy with that return & the temporary excitement it provided.
By the way many congratulations on your big win....
1 -
I read somewhere about winning big on the Bonds that the 2x £1 million winners were contacted by an agent the day before, nothing about the smaller big winners. And unlike you I AM greedy, I want £50,000 so I can pack in work for a couple of years and travel 😁. If I did get it, it'd be when/if I reach 90 😄.
1 -
My Friends OH, always used to say 'I am sure one day I will win £50K on PB's' She was one of these optimistic types and others were obviously more sceptical.
She never did win £50K on the bonds ( not so far anyway) but one evening came back from bingo with a cheque for exactly £50K !
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
