We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Google wallet issues on Oppo phone
Hi all
I have an Oppo Find X3 Neo which I bought in 2022. The phone still works fine but earlier this month Google wallet stopped working with an error msg that my phone doesn't meet security standards. The last time there was a security update was August 2024.
Google Play services say my phone isn't certified even though it appears on their certified device list. I tried some suggestions regarding fixes on Reddit but to no avail.
I have used my phone for tap and pay for years so it's very frustrating I can't do this anymore.
Are there any alternatives other than getting a new phone? I don't like flip cases. I have tried keeping my main bank card inside the protective cover that came with the phone but it's awkward.
Thanks in advance.
Comments
-
Two years without any security updates is likely to have left that phone vulnerable, even if you are very careful how you use it.
I'd be minded to replace it.
2 -
What android version is your phone? As it seems it needs to be 9 or higher
Life in the slow lane1 -
That phone launched with Android 11, last update was to 14.
1 -
The Android version I have is 13. Bizarrely, the only other app that won't work and cites security standards not being met is the couch to 5k app.
I am resigning myself to having to look for another phone.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
