We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Universal credit

Scenario

Husband works full time

Wife stays at home to look after disabled son. In receipt of CA and DLA

What is the maximum husband could earn to get UC?

Comments

  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 9,578 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    It's very difficult to say because you haven't provided all the relevant information. It would be better if you visited one of the benefit calculators available at Benefits calculators - GOV.UK and provided all the information needed to provide an accurate answer. I like the EntitledTo caclulator.

    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,302 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper

    There is no fixed amount. Each case depends on the individual circumstances.

  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 5,891 Ambassador
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    As @tacpot12 suggests, use one of the benefit calculators such as EntitledTo. Should take you around 5 mins to get a fully informed accurate answer.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.