We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Why is it so expensive to keep your number with Sky Mobile?
Comments
-
Having been in a similar position myself I have to say this:
If you want to stay with Sky Mobile but 'improve' your data plan allowance, you're going to have to call them (as I don't believe chat can do it, as far as I'm aware). Yes it'll be painful and it'll take some time, but it's doable. Maybe just as well really as their prices are all over the place (e.g. unlimited - £29 for existing customers, £18 for new customers, £15 for VIP customers. Also, VIP offering both 3GB and 10GB for £5pm).
Anyway, last time I tried it (this is going back a bit) I beat them down, in a fashion, to 40GB for £11.25 a month (standard price was £20pm or so at the time if memory serves). Might have done better, but at that point I was past caring and accepted it to get off the phone. Ever since then I've ported out and back in when necessary as it saves time if nothing else.
0 -
Just £10 for UL for myself as a diamond customer.
0 -
Added to an existing sim?
0 -
No, I've not had Sky Mobile for 3 or 4 years (moved to O2 and then to Lebara). I do have Sky Q and am back on Sky BB now.
0 -
Ah - the 40GB mentioned was on an existing SIM.
As for the £10 unlimited for Diamond, yes, but that would be on a new SIM and you'd need to be a Diamond customer too.
Forgot this earlier - porting out and back in means I have a SIM for £14.50 with unlimited on Sky, and that's as Silver and with no headache from the Sky contact centre, so, overall, for my experience I'd say don't be shy when dealing with Sky.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
