We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Change HEIC to JPG
Comments
-
"Better" is clearly subjective.
HEIC can only be read on devices within the Apple infrastructure.
0 -
This is untrue.
Samsung and others were part of the group that implemented HEIC and it is the default format on Samsung phones.
0 -
I apologise if I was mistaken.
I certainly know I have experienced difficulty viewing HEIC images in Windows and Chromebook environments and the only solution I could find was to send to an Apple user to convert.
0 -
The codec was created by the MPE Group, Apple has just been one of the early adopters, which is a little unusual for them. Like Adobe created PDF and NeXT (apples forerunner) was the first adopter but the format became standard.
Microsoft has its Microsoft HEIF Image Extension for Photos which allows viewing. Chromebooks have native support in their Photos app, chrome browser also requires a plug in. MS has a long history of backing the wrong, they tried to push XPS as the alternative for PDF too
1 -
One restriction on the use of .heic is relevant here - the forum software won't allow photo uploads in this format.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
