We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Santander - Frozen account 5 weeks ago still ongoing!
Comments
-
All banks (and other big companies) have staff who mess up. There is no good reason to believe that Santander is worse than the alternatives.
0 -
I just don't get it, but I've been with the same bank for so long until now it's never been something I've thought about. It was a cheque I'd been owed for ages and now it's dragging on even longer, so frustrating.
Anyways, like I said it's more the handling of the situation than whatever flagged it as an issue - they have now admitted it's being handled very poorly at least….
0 -
Not really tbh! Just need to access the account to get my money out of there and likely close the account after all this.
0 -
No wonder they won't communicate with you, otherwise they'd need to reveal what checks they were 'forced' to do. How long would it actually take to validate that an HMRC cheque was genuine? I'm going with 30 seconds, or maybe a couple of minutes if they had to retrieve it from a filing cabinet. Still, if you want to avoid these problems in future I recommend you rename your business as a vape shop or barber's. That way you will not be subject to any scrutiny.
0 -
There have been other posts on here where someone depositing an HMRC refund cheque has had their account frozen. I'm sure there were more but I can only find the one now, coincidentally it was also Santander
Unfortunately the poster didn't update with what happened in the end.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards