We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Tuck
Comments
-
Thanks, I thought I might be missing something. It’s probably ok if you only load a card immediately before spending the entire card, but otherwise it would be too risky for me.
Everup looks a lot more secure, even includes optional 2FA.0 -
Frankly, it's not just the app.
Once these gift cards have been produced, just having the barcode (or even just the 16/20 digit number) is as good as cash, in fact better because you can spend them online.
I have little faith in the backend security of these sites - there have been reports (not Tuck) of sites supplying gift cards for employee incentive schemes having been hacked and balances stolen.
I'm fortunate, if a gift card fails at a checkout then I always have a backup payment method, others might not be so equiped.
0 -
The cashback appears immediately within the everup app, you can withdraw when it reaches £10 (seem te recall there may be a 20p fee for this?), or offset it against the next card you purchase. I've saved over £200 in the past year, plus got 1% cashback accumulating on my Lloyds Ultra credit card. There are also 'coins' in the everup app which you can use to play games and win a few pennies more.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%2 -
So I bought a £20 John Lewis and partners gift card on Tuck and received the 4.7% (94p) cashback instantly.
Stopped in Waitrose on my way home and spent about £13.18 on a few bits. Scanned the gift card barcode at the till and it all went to plan, as it should.
One slightly annoying thing is that after the transaction, I was expecting to see the remaining balance automatically adjust itself to £6.82, but no, it still just shows the £20 gift card, and I have to open another link, enter my barcode number and PIN to see the remaining balance.
Edit - OK, so I can go back into the app and manually update the remaining balance by subtracting my spend from the £20 to display the new balance.
1 -
If you take a purchase receipt you'll also be given an updated gift card balance receipt.
1 -
wot, P.A.P.E.R ????
0 -
This is going well so far. Received a notification offering me an additional 1.5% bonus on my next purchase (excluding a repeat of my first one with John Lewis & Partners).
So this time I opted for Waitrose for a boosted 6%. Net result: 2 cards, one with 4.7% cashback and the other with 6%. Both of which can be used at Waitrose 😉
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

