We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
NatWest free £10
Email from NatWest giving me a £10 e-gift card as a thank you for being a customer, just click this link. Is this for real or a scam.
It looks very real, anyone else had one.
The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
I listen all night for your step on the stair.
Comments
-
What is the exact email address that it came from? If you're not sure how to check that you should hover your mouse pointer over the sender's display name on a computer, or tap the name on a mobile device, to reveal the underlying address in parentheses or brackets
If an email claims to be from a trusted organization but looks suspicious, check the internet headers to see the true routing path and return address:
- Gmail: Open the message, click the three vertical dots next to the reply button, and select Show original.
- Outlook: Open the email in its own window, go to File > Info > Properties, and look at the Internet Headers box.
- Apple Mail: Open the message and go to View > Message > All Headers. [1, 2]
Look for authentication tags like
SPF: PassorDKIM: Pass, and ensure theFromdomain matches theReturn-Pathdomain. You can learn more about analyzing these pathways through the IT@Cornell Guide on Email HeadersWhen you hover your mouse over the link (don't click on it), what is the address shown?
- Hover: Place your mouse cursor over the link. Look at the bottom-left corner of your browser window. A small box will pop up showing the actual destination URL.
- Copy and Paste: Right-click the link and select Copy Link or Copy Link Address. Paste it into a blank text document (like Notepad) or your browser's address bar to read it safely.
On a Phone or Tablet
- Long-Press: Press and hold your finger on the link for two seconds. A small preview bubble or menu will appear showing the full web address.
Be careful when looking at the link and email addresses - scammers often use different alphabets to make a link appear geuine. e.g. www.natwёst.com
3 -
It's real, got mine yesterday - £10 Waitrose gift card now sitting in Google wallet.
The email has your part-postcode to show it's not random spam.
Bit odd in that just a click is needed to activate and make the gift available, no need to validate or log into anything.
Welcome and unexpected freebie.
3 -
This must just be for selected customers as my wife has not had one. I wonder if RBS will be doing something as well?
I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
I listen all night for your step on the stair.0 -
Where's mine ? I didn't get one.
0 -
Probably, no indication on email of addressing subset of customers (Reward Account, Premier etc).
I put maybe 1-2 transactions/mth through NatWest although have just opened Cash ISA.
0 -
Ive got almost £100K in Nat West so where's my £10 voucher ?
0 -
I wonder how they decide who gets this gift card? First Direct did a similar thing a couple of years ago where selected customers received an email for a gift card (more than £10) if they completed something like 5 debit card transactions.
Needless to say I have not received this email. Then again I only use NatWest (and RBS) to cycle through £1,250 and pay out 2 small Direct Debits each month. So I guess they don't consider me worthy of sending a £10 gift card! 😥
0 -
If it's this:
Then it is more about spending/direct debits/using the app than about your balance.
0 -
Woodstok2000 The link you posted is for the rewards that we all get every month for fulfilling certain conditions such as cycling £1,250 per month through the account, paying 2 Direct Debits (2x£2) and (until 1st October) logging into the app (£1).
The £10 gift card is a different offer, available to selected customers.
0 -
Curses, I’ve only got £40k in NatWest at the moment, but I’ve been with them for over 50 years…So where’s my MY voucher??
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



