We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

ECP - AVERY MSCP MILTON KEYNES. NO VALID PAYAND DIPLAY PERMIT WAS PURCHASED

But a permit was purchased within three minutes of parking. I wasn’t driving the vehicle but I made payment with my CC.

My appeal as RK included a screenshot of the entry on my online bank statement.

Appeal rejected (of course) but it was then that ECP introduced a different claim: I’d made a keying error! The last three digits of the VRN were missing which, apparently, constitutes a major error and I should now pay £20.

Nope. Not doing it.

It’s possible - but highly doubtful - that I made a minor keying error but missing three digits entirely? Inconceivable. Needless to say, the permit was disposed of when the vehicle was valeted a week after the event.

I didn’t go to POPLA with this; if I’m honest, I was having too much fun and cerveza in Spain for three weeks and forgot.

It looks as if ECP has made a mistake by goalpost-moving.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.