We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Something broken? Let us know on the new Report a Technical Issue board. Please use Site Feedback and Forum Help for other feedback.

Compare+ Home Insurance Problem

I've got a quote but I've found that I am unable to alter the number of days unoccupied, it automatically comes up as under 30 days. I realise that this will cover most requirements, but I can't believe there aren't many others like me who require a longer period to cover holidays. Can this be changed?.

Waddle you do eh?

Comments

  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Yes, but not with that insurer unless they will offer different terms if you call them.

    I have the same issue, some will never offer a quote for unoccupancy of more than 30 or sometimes 60 days.

    Use a comparison site to sort the weeds from the chaff.

  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,578 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!

    Posted on wrong board.

    Move requested.

  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,836 Community Admin
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Cashback Cashier Newshound!

    @Pollycat - Compare+ is an MSE tool, so this is the right board.

    @daveoc22 - I'll flag this to the relevant team here; thank you.

    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.