We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
UKPA
[Image removed by Forum Team]
Hi all
Got a pcn at the mall. Can't find the original. Shocked by the pcn I checked my bank and found the payment. I sent them a screenshot thinking that would be the end. I do not recall if I identified myself as the driver somehow. I can't access the appeal.
I recieved the below and so I am preparing a popla appeal.
Comments
-
(Quoted post removed by Forum Team)
We also have lots of malls, see Wood Green, Maidstone, or Pall Mall and The Mall in London, where the term originated (although it came from Italy via France).
@TBrown302818 Follow the newbies guide, in particular Plan A and complain to the landowner.
Also check online or ask UKPA for a copy so you can post a redacted copy of the original PCN, front and back.
3 -
What are you planning to put in a POPLA appeal UKPA have offered you a £20 admin fee as per the Joint COP they will see that and side with them.
But they have admitted that payment was made so the landowner was not out of pocket, the greedy PPC is just playing the contracts game to get money because they use fallible technology for their own convenience.
If an incorrect VRN is put into their website to pay their PCN it will reject it, but if you put an incorrect VRN into their parking system on site, it accepts payment on the day and then spews out an error days later, that is just a scam easily rectified by a software update but they don't, I wonder why.
Start with plan A as suggested, it's up to you if you accept their offer or fight their scam with help from here.
2 -
I intend to fight. I paid for my parking! I aslo found my first pcn...
1 -
[Image removed by Forum Team]
I might have been inclined to pay the £20 if they told me what I put in that qualified as a major error. I put in my licence details. I don't know why they can't find them
0 -
I think we are passed the point of complaining no?
0 -
no, that milestone is when a judge has ruled against you, in civil court
2 -
Okay, I guess I'll do the popla and complain as there are deadlines
1 -
Name, address and VRM still showing on the PCN.
2 -
Doesn't look POFA compliant:
9. (2)The notice must-
(b)inform the keeper that the driver is required to pay parking charges in respect of the specified period of parking and that the parking charges have not been paid in full;
And it has two differing timescales for payment, neither of which is correct:
(f)warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given—
2 -
Thanks very much!
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



