We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Broadband advice please

2»

Comments

  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Go via Topcashback compare broadband. Get £62 cashback plus whatever promo offers are available. I switched to Plusnet and got a £135 prepaid card. Plusnet are £23.99 per month for 24 months (plus annual increase) for 150Mb connection. Take into account the cashback and prepaid card and you are at around £17 per month.

    Switch your email to Gmail or Yahoo etc asap.

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,384 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I had similar, out of contract on a BT FTTC 50Mbps £44/mth, signed up with another supplier and BT rang to offer me 500Mbps @ £27/mth. Not surprisingly I bit.

    All good with BT, service and billing, although for some reason my account says I am still out of contract. Not entirely sure if this is a good or bad thing.

  • I got myself sorted with Plusnet. 140Mb, 24 month contract a smidge over £21 a month and £160 bonus, loaded onto a pre-pay credit card.

    The changeover is on Wednesday.

    I have created a gmail email address.

    I appreciate your advice.

    Thank you.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.