We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sky Broadband Deals not completing

I looked on this site for a new Broadband deal as paying over the odds with BT.

I chose the Sky deal for £20.95 a month in 24 month contract, but when taken to the sky website it wouldn't complete just said "there is an error". I rang sky and advisor told me he couldn't honour the del, but would go through to a team that could. I was on hold for half an hour and gave up.

Called back today and got someone else who said this must be a hoax deal, they can never offer this price and dont have any affiliation with any other websites.

Has anyone else had this?

How can I escalate a complaint? I guess it is with MSE and not Sky directly!

Comments

  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,838
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Community Admin

    Hi @Tripitaka100 - I've made the relevant team here at MSE aware of this thread.

    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,267
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I had similar issues ordering Sky from Topcashback, it went through at the 4th attempt.

    There is no conspiracy, Sky operatives will never know what their sales department are offering through the various comparison websites.

    Going via the "compare utilities" on the TCB page rather than just inputting Sky in the search box resulted in a deal with cashback and a voucher offer.

  • dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 527
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I'm presently with Sky BB and when I first tried to sign up on the web it failed.

    I then spoke to Sky and got someone who was interested in solving the problem. It turned out my Sky account of years ago was still in their system with a couple of pence credit.

    Have you had a previous Sky account?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.