We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Tesco coupons delivered too late
first world problem.....opened the post this morning - first delivered in over a week.
There was a coupon posting for Tesco's clubcard which gives me £12 off an £80 shop. Which expired on the 6th. So annoying that things are delivered so late and that shops can't send things out with plenty of time for delays to not matter. There's other coupons for the coming weeks for £8 off £80 but we almost never do that big of a shop so I'd rather have had the chance to get the bigger discount.
Also included in the post was the Radio Times that started on 5th Sept - didn't matter much as we were away until Sunday anyways. Given that RT is supposed to be delivered on the Tuesday before the start date we should have had the Tesco's coupons by last Saturday as well. If they had been received but we weren't here to open the envelope or use the coupons that would be our fault. As it is I'd like to complain to Tescos for shoddy customer service.
fyi - we should have received today the RT for this coming Saturday but no idea when that will arrive. At least RT has publicly acknowledged that there's an issue national with postal deliveries, unfortunate that no one else has seemed to notice.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅
Comments
-
I would say it is a complete failure on the part of Royal Mail in the performance of their duties
If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales1 -
Blame Royal Mail or whoever Tesco use for their post.
Get the Tesco app and all the coupons arrive there, normally a day before I get the email advising me I have new coupons.1 -
If you use scan as you shop handsets, the coupons are loaded in there automatically.
2 -
It's Ofcom who get to set the performance indicators for Royal Mail.
About 15 million 2nd class items are posted every day. Ofcom only require 98.5% to be delivered within 3 working days, so RM can not bother to deliver 22,000 every single day, and still be praised by Ofcom for fulfilling their duties.
Sadly, Royal Mail get to choose which 22,000 letters draw the short straw and sadder still, Brie's Radio Times and Tesco voucher seem to be among them.
Some might say the standards set by Ofcom are not good enough. However if they had been more rigorous Czech millionaire Daniel Kretinsky might not have paid such a good price for RM and the government was anxious to get it and its losses off their hands.
1 -
Some might say the standards set by Ofcom are not good enough. However if they had been more rigorous Czech millionaire Daniel Kretinsky might not have paid such a good price for RM and the government was anxious to get it and its losses off their hands.
The Czech's in the post…? 😊
2 -
When I worked in a n office where the outgoing post was collected by Royal Mail the postman collecting it told us that business franked mail was left until last to be dealt with.
0 -
Unfortunately it's quite a lot worse than that - the metrics I could find show that performance is really poor at the moment.
Apparently just 75.7% of 1st Class and 90.2% of 2nd Class letters are arriving on time.
1 -
I've managed to whatsapp tesco who have apologised but said basically it's not their fault and I should get the app. I've asked them to confirm when the coupons were posted so I know how deluded their customer service team is to think that business post might arrive within 2 - 4 days (or whatever the standard is). I've also said that insisting customers use an app discriminates against those who cannot. (yes, not discrimination in the legal sense but certainly disadvantages some)
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅0 -
New response from Tesco - I've been given 1200 points on my clubcard so will get vouchers in a couple of months. I would have settled for less but am pleased with the result.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅5 -
The post by us is terrible, the local delivery office have said they are 15 post people short. One street hasn't had post for two months, they've been told if the want their post they need to drive 7/8 miles to the delivery office and collect between 8-10am.
We are getting post on average once a fortnight, I ordered a brochure that was sent 1st class 27th August and it came yesterday. Parcels via the RM are more timely.
Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023
Make £2024 in 2024...0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

