We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

HM Courts & Tribunal Service - Parking Eye Charges

Hats8
Hats8 Posts: 14 Forumite
10 Posts Name Dropper
edited 4 September at 5:00PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking

Hello - I am a newbie here and have just come back from holiday to find two letters from HM Courts & Tribunal Service,yay…. One about a parking charge (both Parking Eye) from nearly 4 years ago and the other from nearly 2. I am hoping to get / use some of the fantastic advice I have seen on here, but I am totally lost about what I need to do first and struggling with the best way to follow the threads and find the appropriate templates. 

I intend to defend both and definitely the one from 4 years ago, but can you tell me first, when I send my Acknowledgment Of Service, do I also say that I am contesting jurisdiction as I don’t understand what this means. I am conscious that I have already lost a week by being away and don’t want to miss deadlines etc.
Many Thanks
(Slightly panic stricken) (Removed by Forum Team)

«13

Comments

  • Hats8
    Hats8 Posts: 14 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 4 September at 5:00PM

    The first picture is from the nearly 4 years ago claim and the second the nearly two years ago one. Thank you

  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 27,179 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 4 September at 5:00PM

    With an issue date of 20/08/26 and providing you complete(d) the AoS before or on 08/09/26 your defence deadline date is 4.00 p.m. on 22/09/26

    With an issue date of 21/08/26 and providing you complete(d) the AoS before or on 09/09/26 your defence deadline date is 4.00 p.m. on 23/09/26

    Go to the NEWBIE sticky and find Post 2 (in RED text), scroll down to here: -

    Here is a guide to MCOL, how to acknowledge service ('AOS'):

    https: //www.dropbox.com/s/xvqu3bask5m0zir/money-claim-online-How-to-Acknowledge.pdf?dl=0 and read the dropbox link, how to complete the AoS.

  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 4 September at 5:00PM

    @HarrietF you've posted on another person's thread and @Le_Kirk has replied to you.

    This can cause confusion the OP may think the reply is for them. So when looking for advice on your own situation the forum rule is to start a new thread. Use Create new or red circle+ button, copy and paste in your above two posts.

  • Hats8
    Hats8 Posts: 14 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 4 September at 5:00PM

    Thank you @Le_Kirk - sorry to be dim, but how to I get to the NEWBIE sticky?

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,184 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 4 September at 5:00PM

    Top of this forum in announcements, see the screenshot below ( ps I reported this thread to be split in 2. )

    14799.jpg
  • Hats8
    Hats8 Posts: 14 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper

    The first picture is from the nearly 4 years ago claim and the second the nearly two years ago one. Thank you

    There was an error displaying this embed.
  • Hats8
    Hats8 Posts: 14 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 4 September at 5:00PM

    Thank you @Gr1pr I am finding it all very confusing and don’t want to get anything wrong…

  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    An easy way to get to the NEWBIES or Template defence Announcement threads is click on the white oblong box that says Parking tickets, fines & parking

    There's one near the top and bottom of every page.

  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 27,179 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    With an issue date of 20/08/26 and providing you complete(d) the AoS before or on 08/09/26 your defence deadline date is 4.00 p.m. on 22/09/26

    I answered you on the post you put on someone else's thread, go find that thread/post and read the advice.

  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    This discussion was created from comments split from: HM Courts Claim Form from DCB Legal/Parking Eye.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.