We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
MK1 Parking bad signage appeal
Comments
-
This has produced quite a lot of confusion for some time. Apparently MK1Parking are responsible for those areas in beige on this map but Nexus may be responsible for some of the other areas?
2026 Decluttering and redistribution 971/1526 Major job list 230/500 Total 1201/2026 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅(🏅)
2026 Tuesday weight loss 0
2026 1p Challenge 283/365
2026 NSD Feb 10/28 Mar 7/31 April 8/30 May 6/31June 7/30 July 6/31 Aug 9/31Sep 14/30 Oct 1/312 -
The MK1 parking company is a Subsidary of Stadium Mk Group Limited. They control the area around the stadium. The car parks around the retail areas are controlled by GroupNexus (4 hours free parking).
McDonalds, KFC, Costa and Burger King all have different companies for their car parks.Always remember to abide by Space Corps Directive 39436175880932/B:
'All nations attending the conference are only allocated one parking space.'
247advice dot uk has more information and guidance on dealing with this Outrageous Scam.3 -
Yes they've gone to the trouble of setting up their own BPA approved company but have another company on the same car park?!
2 -
They say there are signs displaying the tariff and I can see on Streetview what may be such signs, but they're variously pointing not where a good driver should be looking or are up lampposts where headlights don't reach and basically at a very oblique angle to the street light on the lamp so that doesn't illuminate them, there's no road-sign-style lamp shining on it, and I'm not sure the signs are even reflective.
There is no payment machine. It's one of those pay-by-phone operations.
Yes, I feel they're running their own parking scam, with only a low kerb between parking areas, no ground markings (as used in CMK) and signs placed almost as badly as possible while still being able to send "look, here are photos of our signs" to victims and the appeals body.
I suspect we were using parkopedia when we fell into their trap, but that's no defence… unless someone can tell if mk1 gave that info to parkopedia and didn't also give details of the no-free-parking areas? But that would be next-level scammy.
3 -
Thank you for those pictures. They look like I remember. May I use them in our appeals? The appeal to MK1 was rejected out of hand by blithely asserting that their signs meet the Code of Practice and not addressing any of my points explaining half a dozen ways that they don't. I'll play the game and appeal to POPLA but I expect they may simply believe MK1's assertion rather than look at the evidence. I'm also going to have to submit the appeal while travelling in order to meet their deadline, which will be a hindrance.
The blue 4-hour-free signs are the ones we saw as we walked from the car towards the Odeon. Those are the only signs with writing that we passed because we parked near the entrance from the mini-roundabout and walked back to join the pavement (footway) by the entrance. The sign to the west of the entrance (a long way west, and not in a position you can read as you're entering the car park) has a blank back. It could easily have a tariff or other notice on it, but then people would see it and pay up or return to their car.
I guess if the landlord has set up their own parking scam company, that may explain why asking the restaurant to intervene didn't work.
1 -
Popla will ask "were there signs?". MK1 will say: "Yes, and here's a photo."
Appeal dismissed.
Just ignore them.
2 -
As for the split management - when the stadium and retail outlets were first operational there was no infestation (apart from the IPC conference held in the Doubletree Hotel inside the stadium) and no issues with parking.
GroupNexus appeared first in the area outside the shops with no maximum stay. Later it became 4 hours.
MK1 Parking installed their signage about 2 years ago.Always remember to abide by Space Corps Directive 39436175880932/B:
'All nations attending the conference are only allocated one parking space.'
247advice dot uk has more information and guidance on dealing with this Outrageous Scam.2 -
Quite likely, but I want to gather some evidence for if we go to court anyway, so I feel I may as well show willing.
I'm intending to submit MK1's own photos in my evidence to show they're not at the car park entrance. Let's see if popla assesors reward irony!
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

