We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Current Sky Broadband deal sign up problems
At the moment MSE is offering a deal on gigafast fibre broadband with sky for £28 per month with a £140 voucher that you need to claim. You can actually see the £28 deal on the Sky website too, obviously without the voucher.
However, every time I try to sign up either via the MSE link or on the sky website itself I get right to the end and it just hangs, the circle just keeps going around and never progresses. So I rang up Sky and they said that the £28 deal is only available as part of a TV package with the total cost being £34 per month - but that's not what it says anywhere on the website.
I said I wasn't interested and that I wanted the £28 deal advertised and they said sorry they can't offer it to me!
Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas of how to solve it?
Comments
-
I singed up directly with Sky for sky stream ultimate and 1 gig broadband for £41. The broadband side of this just £20. I’m not sure if you can get BB on it’s own for that price though.
0 -
That's some agent trying to upsell you to get a bonus, it's 100% available at £28 BB only. Obviously, you wouldn't get the £140 voucher or credit direct with Sky.
You're not on Sky for anything at the moment I presume? No Now TV BB perhaps?
0 -
No I don't have anything with sky at the moment, although I do have Now TV on a 6 month deal - I also have Netflix and Disney+ so rolling all of this into a sky deal is a possibility but I just have this sneaking suspicion that I'll somehow end up paying more!
We are with Vodafone at the moment but broadband has gone up to £44 so I am looking for a better deal - to be honest I am wondering whether to do with their £35 deal because, although it includes the TV package which I don't really want, it is still cheaper than Vodafone!0 -
Are you using the OTS service? Is there any chance of a small outstanding bill on a previous Sky sub?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards