We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Suitable cordless mic for Zoom.
Hi.
Looking for a cordless mic for mil so she can engage in group Zoom meetings/lessons on her PC.
I've read that BlueTooth can be laggy, which is a shame as her PC has it built in.
Thoughts on best solution, please? She's not bothered about video, but if a combined mic/camera is the best option, the camera can always be turned off.
Thanks.
Comments
-
Pretty much every pair of Bluetooth headphones has a mic built in, are these not suitable?
Not noticed any appreciable lag when using my 'phones for Zoom.
1 -
Bluetooth lag is not really an issue, a fraction of a second at most and if you are really bothered you can use the sync to match the audio to the video if a microsecond time difference bothers you.
Does the laptop not have a built in webcam and mic?
1 -
Get a Jabra 510, been using these for years for online conferencing, sound quality and noise cancelling is 10/10
1 -
Thanks, Flan and MMM - it was just something I'd read, as I have no personal experience of them when used for mics. As you say, a fraction of a second is no big deal, and it presumably also reduces the likelihood of feedback?
She has a micro-PC in the unit under her TV - the screen is the huge monitor. This will mainly be for watching Bridge lessons, so the participants need to be able to ask Qs. She'll be listening to the lessons via the TV's speakers, at presumably a fair volume - could this also be an issue? Would a stalk mic facing close to her be a good bet? I doubt she'd want a headset, certainly not one with an earpiece(s). Perhaps a clip-on mic?
That's a nice unit, Vitor, but a bit costly I suspect.
1 -
You may find something like a DJI Mic Mini useful.. you'll see a lot of streamers use this style of mic.
https://www.dji.com/mic-mini
1 -
If there is any lagging, including video lagging behind audio, that's likely to be due to Zoom and/or a slow internet connection - not the connection between a user's mic and PC.
A wireless/Bluetooth mic vs a wired mic vs a built in mic is unlikely to make a noticeable difference.
1 -
Thanks. A clip-on type seems to me to be the best solution here, so I'll check with herself if its suitable for her.
Cheers.
0 -
When I was looking for Jabras it was possible to get them for half price on ebay. For me it's been well worth it with frequent use for hybrid meetings.
Decluttering awards 2025: 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️, DH: 🏅🏅⭐️, DD1: 🏅 and one for Mum: 🏅1 -
That's a nice unit, Vitor, but a bit costly I suspect.
About £80. But it ensures you're not the one who is annoying everyone with echoes of others speaking, burbling voice etc.
1 -
I use either earfun pro 4+ earbuds, Sony over ear wh1000m5 or a Luna Emeet Bluetooth speaker if I don't want to wear earbuds/phones
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

