We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Am I being too suspicious? (VirginMedia)
I'm getting to the end of my VM contract, with a month or two, to go. This morning I got their emailed bill through and for some reason it was 1d higher than normal, which made me take a look and found…
Package changes: £0.01 |
|---|
|
I haven't made any changes! Checking the account, I've mysteriously been switched from M125 to M250! No emails, no new contracts, nothing!
When I queried it with them (FB Messenger) their response:
"We're sorry to hear that you've been upgraded from M125 to M250. We appreciate your feedback and understand your concerns. We'll ensure your feedback is noted and considered, and we'll do our best to prevent this from happening again."
My suspicious mind thinks have they tried to sneak this in…
a: To get me used to, and wanting to keep, a higher speed?
b: When it comes to giving me a renewal price, they can base it on the M250, rather than the M125?
Anyone else experienced this?
Comments
-
Do have an O2 mobile contract, that activates Volt(sp) which doubles your BB speed and gives you double data on the mobile.
Otherwise, you'd have to ask about a renewal price and see. You can always switch.
1 -
Thanks for that. (I do have a GiffGaff SIM, which uses O2, but I doubt that would qualify)
It's not so much the renewal cost I'm bothered about at the moment, it's more whether VM are using dodgy tactics! (Especially since they were recently fined for their policies!)0 -
Check they haven't stuck you on a new 2 year contract, because you upgraded.
If it sticks, force it.
If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards