We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Where Do I Stand With SAD FART?

2»

Comments

  • TractorFactor
    TractorFactor Posts: 184
    100 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    But at £250, it's reasonable for the item to last more than a year and 8 months, surely?

    I only fitted the lights in April this year as when I bought them, I had other life things get in the way before I could fit them. That's my issue and thus I only go from when I actually purchased them.

  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 27,297
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Probably, but nobody can say for sure, as you haven't said what you bought.

    At this point, 20 months after purchase, I don't think you would be entitled to a full refund. The retailer can deduct a proportion of the original cost on a sliding scale, proportionate to the actual expected life.

    In practice, if the manufacturer will provide replacement parts more or less indefinitely, how big a problem is it for you if it breaks down occasionally?

    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.