We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Faster internet seems more laggy
Comments
-
With the cancellation I was just weighing up all options. It's not definitely my next step. I'm just gathering info.
Yes BT want the SH2 back. Haven't returned it yet.
I also don't have a home phone & no plans to.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
Swap the SH2 in and see if it's better.
1 -
Yes but it will be won't it? Because it was beforehand. It wad compatible with my RE700X no problem & all my Tapo cams.
I assume that you saying that means the SH2 is compatible with Sky full fibre?
But still, the SH2 needs to go back anyway so I can't keep it.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
No, you have to tell them that you're leaving whilst still in cool off and make sure that it's registered as such (don't let them cancel it though). If you don't then you will get a charge upfront for the entire 2 year contract.
1 -
What router were you looking at?
wifi 7 router is something like £100 - £150.
Or some mesh with 3 node
0 -
That's my point, if a SH2 does work (which is why I said test it before you send it back) then you can buy one for £10-20. The sources online weren't definitive about it working.
Rather different to the £100+ for the various other options.
1 -
Just to confirm - the SH2 does NOT work.
Also when I got home, neither did the WiFi. This whole thing is a load of carp & I'm real close to pulling the plug on this whole Sky experience.
Went in to the app & it said I may have a problem - WiFi isn't working yet there was no way of getting it to actually work. Navigating the app was a painful experience.
When I went in to my phone WiFi settings it wouldn't even detect the router/hub. Same with other devices we had, both android & Apple.
In the end I had to do a reset on the router/hub to get it to work & even then it didn't work initially.
I've the AX53 on its way tomorrow but I'm not holding out much hope. Some people report this is a direct plug & play and it 'just works' but officially (as in the official line from the manufacturer) it's not supposed to work. It doesn't have that whatever 61 or whatever it's called.
Still, I got it from Amazon so should be ok to return if it's a no-go. Shouldn't have to buy alternative routers though.
If it works then I think I'll stay. Just have to see whether it only works temporary.
But if it doesn't then I'll be jumping ship. Part of me thinks I should just jump ship anyway because what if it works now but doesn't once the cooling off period is over. I'll be well & truly knackered then.
Editing to add - woke up this morning, internet seemed ok. Got on the PC & the Sky page tells me it looks like my WiFi has an issue. Try turning it on.
The only option they give you is to turn 2.4 & 5G on … except it's already on. So I toggle off then on. It works, for now. Shouldn't have to do this daily though.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
I was very happy when I got rid of Sky :-)
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:0 -
I think I will be too. This is beyond a joke.
The WiFi was down this morning so needed resetting after being reset last night. The wife is off work today & at 10am I get a message saying there's no WiFi.... Needed a third reset in just over 12hrs.
BTs prices may have been poor but at least it worked.
🤐🤐🤐
1 -
I like Vodafone. Works for me :-)
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

