We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

UKPC – Screwfix Chadwell Heath – disabled bay / Blue Badge not displayed

24

Comments

  • XcelestialX
    XcelestialX Posts: 62 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    @Coupon-mad - thanks again for your earlier advice .

    I've now uploaded the 6 UKPC screenshots and the sign as you requested, showing the full 20-second photo sequence.

    When you get a chance, would you mind having a quick look and advising what you think the best next step is from here?

    In particular, should I now submit the usual NEWBIES template appeal to UKPC, or given what you've highlighted about the 20-second observation, no windscreen PCN and DVLA/data issues, would you approach the UKPC appeal differently in this case?

    Also, would you recommend making the DVLA complaint now alongside the UKPC appeal, or waiting for UKPC's response first?

    Landowner update: I've contacted Screwfix Head Office/customer services. Their initial response is that Screwfix does not own the car park, has no control over UKPC and therefore says it cannot request cancellation.

    I've gone back to them asking for this to be escalated to their Property/Estates team and for the identity/contact details of the actual landowner or managing agent responsible for the car park/UKPC. I've also asked Screwfix to confirm from their backend records the exact time the Click & Collect order was collected.

    So I'm still pursuing the landowner route in parallel.

    Really appreciate your guidance on where you'd go next with UKPC/DVLA.

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,837 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    You have 28 days to appeal, so escalate the Screwfix complaint first. The landowner can cancel it.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • XcelestialX
    XcelestialX Posts: 62 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    @Coupon-mad – quick Plan A update following your advice. This has turned into a bit of a saga with Screwfix!

    I held off appealing to UKPC and escalated Screwfix first as suggested.

    It's now gone from first-line CS → telephone escalation asking for management/Property & Estates → Customer Resolution Team.

    Their final position is that Screwfix only rents the unit, doesn't control the car park/UKPC and says it has no authority to request cancellation.

    I specifically asked them to identify the landlord/managing agent or whoever controls the car park/appointed UKPC, but they've refused, saying they're “not at liberty to disclose details relating to our landlords, managing agents, lease agreements, or any third-party contractual arrangements.”

    I've also now visited the Chadwell Heath branch in person. The manager doesn't know who the landowner/managing agent is either.

    I asked the manager to look up the genuine Screwfix order and print whatever they could. They printed the invoice, which confirms 1 August, but it doesn't show the collection time. The manager also checked their store system and said they couldn't see a collection date/time on there either.

    This is a bit odd because Screwfix Customer Resolution specifically told me in writing that “the date and time the order was marked as collected, completed or fulfilled” is already available in my online account. I've checked carefully and it isn't – the portal shows the order/invoice history but no actual collection/fulfilment timestamp, and now the branch can't see one either.

    I've therefore submitted a SAR specifically requesting the underlying collection/fulfilment timestamp/data rather than simply being referred back to the customer portal.

    I've also asked Screwfix to preserve/search relevant CCTV from the visit. Customer Resolution say that if they locate me they would only provide still screenshots containing my image and specifically said timestamps wouldn't be provided. I've challenged that as part of the SAR and asked them to preserve the relevant footage/data before it's overwritten.

    The reason I'm pursuing the timestamp/CCTV is that it could independently corroborate the genuine and very short Screwfix visit alongside UKPC's own 13:47:38 → 13:47:58 (20-second) handheld photo sequence.

    One other interesting thing from visiting the branch: a couple of the staff told me they regularly see the UKPC attendant physically around the site on foot taking photographs of vehicles. That seems relevant to the earlier point about this not being remote/ANPR enforcement – there was an attendant physically on site, yet in my case the evidence consists of that rapid 20-second sequence with no approach/warning and no windscreen PCN.

    So as things stand:

    Screwfix escalation exhausted/final response received; branch visited; landlord still unidentified; SAR/CCTV request ongoing; no UKPC appeal submitted yet and the driver has not been identified to UKPC.

    I'm continuing to try to identify the actual landowner/managing agent independently.

    Given where I've now reached, would you get the keeper appeal into UKPC in parallel now while I continue pursuing the landowner?

    And if so, would you use the usual NEWBIES keeper template + redacted valid Blue Badge evidence, or include the specific 20-second observation / no windscreen PCN / signage / DVLA data points you highlighted earlier?

    Thanks again for the help.

  • XcelestialX
    XcelestialX Posts: 62 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 2 September at 4:44PM

    Quick update @Coupon-mad

    I escalated to the Screwfix CEO after Customer Resolution previously said they couldn't intervene.

    That's moved things on — Director-level Customer Resolution have now contacted their Estates Team to see if they can approach the parking company and request cancellation. I've chased them again today and am awaiting an update.

    Separately, the SAR still hasn't produced the collection timestamp. Screwfix confirmed they've reviewed the CCTV but say they can't identify me from it. I've pushed them again for the collection/fulfilment data they previously said existed.

    UKPC appeal deadline is now imminent.

    Unless Screwfix confirms cancellation first, I'm planning to submit the keeper appeal tomorrow.

    Either way, I won't be paying this just to make it go away — if cancellation isn't forthcoming, I'm prepared to see the appeal process through and defend it further if necessary.

    @Coupon-mad — would you go with the standard NEWBIES keeper appeal + redacted Blue Badge, or include the 20-second photo sequence / no windscreen PCN / signage points at this stage?

    Thanks again.

  • XcelestialX
    XcelestialX Posts: 62 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Unexpected curve ball today – would appreciate views from the regulars.

    Logged into UKPC’s portal today to submit the keeper appeal and instead got:

    “Not Eligible for Appeal – Parking Charge Reference number has now been referred to our Debt Recovery Team.”

    Screenshot saved.

    The NTK is dated 7 August and the reverse specifically says appeals can be made within 28 days beginning with the day after the Notice is given. Today is 3 September, so even counting from the date printed on the NTK I’m still within that period.

    I’m now emailing UKPC today with a formal complaint + the full keeper appeal, attaching the screenshot and evidence, and requiring them to pull it back from Debt Recovery and either consider the appeal or issue a POPLA code if rejected.

    Has anyone seen UKPC close the appeal portal early like this before? Anything else you’d add before I send it?

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,837 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 3 September at 4:25PM

    No just send it. They've definitely ended the appeals window far too early as it must be 28 days 'from service' (delivery).

    If they refuse to issue a POPLA Code, complain to the BPA.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.