We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How is it possible that my Sky password is incorrect?

2»

Comments

  • B0bbyEwing
    B0bbyEwing Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    Now you mention it I remember similar a while ago. Using BW to create a password that was accepted & then didn't work.

    🤐🤐🤐

  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I've also had issues with "disallowed" characters in passwords - the website say you need "special characters" but then don't specify things like underscores or asterisks are disallowed. I've also had issues in the past with having passwords that are too long for the website to support, and upon changing to a shorter length (eg. 99 to 64 characters) everything then works.

  • I have this sort of trouble all the time with every account (particularly when my son loses the remote control and I have to buy a new Amazon firestick) but I also have trouble with other security measures. I have recently opened a Cahoots simple saver account - !!!!!! me it's difficult to get in - a secret password, a secret username, a secret number and then they text you a code with letters and numbers to your mobile. At least half the time I am failing to get into it - and when you click forgot password - you have to wait whilst they send you two letters by snail mail with a secret code and a secret name. I have never been scammed by anyone but I think I would risk it for a simpler logon process…..

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.