We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The HSBC £220 IS A SCAM
Comments
-
Typical, just trying to floss the public.
0 -
I switched to an HSBC account, if I remember correctly it was £150 for switching, then £50 after a period for using the account. It was the most convoluted process I've ever had, and involved a branch visit.
After all that the switching payment failed. I called the call centre, the person opened a complaint and then offered me £200 to settle it.
I've sometimes idly thought - I haven't had a switching bonus from them, so would still meet the criteria to get one. Unfortunately I have had one from First Direct, and they are now lumping them together, so I still wouldn't meet the criteria.
Anyway - ignore me - carry on as you were….
0 -
Except the real scams that people think are genuine
Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.2 -
I was being sarcastic as increasingly it seems people refer to something being a scam when it doesn’t go their way
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
