We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The HSBC £220 IS A SCAM

I used the link on MSE to switch from NatWest West to HSBC. After some 20 days I had heard nothing and my account had not been opened. I called them and they said they did not have my application!!! So they did it all over the phone and did the switch. Now after 60 days and no payment, I contacted them and they said I was not entitled to the £220 because they had opened the wrong account type for me. I am so angry about this. I don't believe there is £220 for anyone. There is either a glitch on the MSE link or HSBC are scammers 😡😡

«1

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.