We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

EES tight connection time (EU and non-EU national)

2»

Comments

  • euanovsky
    euanovsky Posts: 57 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    In case of missed connection at AMS, would the airline book me to CDG then to HKG or would there be a possibility they might book me directly from AMS to HKG? I'm asking as there's a later flight on the same day from AMS to HKG.

  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 21,905 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler

    They might do assuming there's space on that flight but if there is I'm surprised they didn't book it in the first place, then you wouldn't have had the hassle of going through passport control to enter Schengen then having to go through it again to leave Schengen a couple of hours later!

  • euanovsky
    euanovsky Posts: 57 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    An update: My LCY to AMS flight was delayed by 20 mins so the transit at AMS was very tight. KLM sent me the short transit pass on the app but turned out it was not needed. I was lucky and there were no queues whatsoever at passport control. Having previously registered for EES I was able to use their egate without problem. I made it to the gate in time just when they started boarding. Similar situation in CDG. No queue and I was able to use egate to exit Schengen.

    Thanks for everyone's advice on this thread! :)

  • It's always good to get closure feedback on issues.

    Unfortunately some desert or abandon a thread if they don't get the quick convenient answer they aspired to.

  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 4,485 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 25 September at 1:37PM

    "Having previously registered for EES I was able to use their egate without problem"

    Well blow me, does the system actually work in the Netherlands then?!?!

    I landed in Seville in August, told them I already registered in Italy in the May and yet was still told I have to go to a booth first!

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.