We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
NHS App - third party access
Comments
-
Update! Solved. Sort of.
My sister's GP uses a different service that doesn't allow her to access third parties outside her GP (and vice versa presumably).
Luckily my dad's and mine do use the 'right' service.
But I don't use the NHS app, I use the Patient Access website. Which I think is the website equivalent of the app (it's so confusing).
The guidance I followed is here:
I had to get my dad's GP to send me some codes. (Obviously with consent hurdles to jump over.)
Finding the guidance wasn't easy. Most things you read tell you that you have to be at the same GP. I didn't find any signposts to this guidance.
Hopefully this might be useful for anyone trying to do the same thing.
1 -
Sorry. And this guidance. It also talks about the service both GPs need to use.
https://support.patientaccess.com/patientaccess?id=pa_support_article&sys_id=6ba1850e9366f6d05468f6dfebba10f4
1 -
Our GPs use the 'Patient Access' system and we can access three different people's details by going to the login page and selecting 'continue to NHS log in' and using the different person's email address - it normally sends a text to confirm …
1 -
You need the same GP practice. It’s not helpful if you live apart from the family you’re trying to support.
0 -
Apparently you can ask the patients surgery for NHS proxy access if that helps see link (https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/gps/health-services-for-someone-else-family-carer-access/)
If you are registered at different GP surgeries, the patient's GP practice can still set up proxy access for you. Instead of the NHS App, they will provide you with specific, separate login details for a web browser or a distinct online system linked to that specific practice
0 -
My as different surgery to me both have "System on Line" and I can se her records as well as mine, I do have PLA for her.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
