We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Leaving Sky Broadband
Comments
-
Yep, any date after the minimum term will work.
Although others have said not to contact sky yourself, and you shouldn't need to, I would recommend it, even if just to check things are proceeding as expected.
When we left Sky for Vodafone, Vodafone didnt contact Sky until 2 weeks before the switch. Sky got very awkward about the 28 days notice and it took a lot of faff to get Vodafone to cover the extra costs.
1 -
TBH , I used the 30th as the example to show the ETC won’t be very much , but take your example (I don’t know what you pay so it’s a little bit of a guesstimate) but say your inside minimum term price is £30 a month , the outside minimum term price is £45 , you pick or get the 3rd Nov as the changeover date , guaranteeing no ETC is due because the minimum term ended on the 31st October , when you get your final Sky invoice, because your November price out of contract is approximately £1.50 a day , (£45 a month) when before November you were paying £1 a day (£30 a month ) going 3 days ‘late’ is £1.50 extra (50p a day) than being inside the minimum term so as stated earlier, a few days early or later than ideal is a couple of quid , in reality it will make little or no difference going a few days before , exactly on 31st or a few days after October 31st …..and when you arrange to switch they may not offer 31st October anyway , call too far in advance it probably won’t be on offer.
That’s why I’d call approximately 10 to 14 days before 31st October so the dates on offer will be pretty close to the date you really want ….you may get lucky and be offered the 31st October if that’s the date your Sky contract minimum finishes , but even then you will still get charged for a full month by Sky , then refunded any overpayment weeks after VF started supplying your broadband.
It’s just my opinion but I’d expect the final bill not to be exactly the same as previous months ,even if the switch takes place on October 31st , but be a few ££ more , in the long run it’s hardly going to make any real difference , certainly not worth the anxiety of only accepting the perfect date .
1 -
That makes sense. Thank you!
0 -
I’ve just switched broadband from NOW to BT.
My NOW contract ended on 5th July so I placed my One Touch Switch order with BT on 6th June and requested 6th July for my installation date. I got an email immediately from NOW saying “sorry you’re leaving”.
As I was taking full fibre it took longer and my date was changed to 5th August. It all went smoothly though apart from the extra ££ I’ll have to pay for the month with NOW that I was out of contract.Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards