We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Previous Surname

xpf
xpf Posts: 478 Forumite
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker

Hi all. I have had 8 different cars since 2007 and don't have all of the associated paperwork. I've emailed the most recent ones a couple of years ago with the details I had but the one's that responded said I had no claim. Since then, I know there are more grounds to claim on.

I've tried the Experian tool to try and get more details but I've been divorced and changed names in recent years and it's not picking up my old financial information. Any idea how I could potentially get access to my old records to put in complaints pre divorce?

Comments

  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,776 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    There are no repositories of records, only your own paperwork storage and any the lenders still have.

    There aren't "grounds to complain on", you can complain about the commission but it would only be applicable if it met the criteria set out in the 1 case that went through

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

  • Penguins4ever36
    Penguins4ever36 Posts: 18 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper

    there is no general data base for individual finance agreements. Any company claiming to access one is lying. If your finance company doesn’t have your data anymore due to GDPR then the onus is on you to provide it to them

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.