We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2026
Comments
-
Final totals for August
12 items out
5 in
So a net reduction of 7, which is heading in the right direction for me
I am at an all time low of 53 items in use and in my stash, and the stash is now in 2 toiletry bags and 2 plastic containers in my cabinet. It used to take up much more space and I can't quite believe how small it all looks now.
I also can't imagine it being half the size it is now, which is my aim.
I also also feel a bit faint at the thought of it…
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without1 -
Forgot to do a final update…
UU's
Nspa body butter - nice fragrance and happy medium between not too greasy, not to watery.
Sensodyne - mini toothpaste
Primark eyebrow pencil - taupe
Essence 'all eyes on me' waterproof mascara - thrown out. Not sure what happened with this one as I used to love it, then my eyes started reacting to it, so maybe it's gone off.
August totals
UU's 7
IN's 4
No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards