We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Monzo Flex Card Payment request letter
Morning All,
Odd one here I have had a letter from monzo bank stating that there are 2 overdue payments on my monzo flex account. I do not have a monzo account or a flex card.
The letter shows no account numbers or the like.
I have called monzo and they do not have me on their system at all. Anyone else experienced this??
TIA
Comments
-
So unsolicited letter about an account you don't have requesting that you pay (someone) some money?
Does the letter have the payee details to use?
0 -
About to say, an app only bank sending a physical letter seems a bit odd.
Can you post the letter? Blank out your name and address.
If someone was behind on one of these plans they would simply go into the app and make a payment.
0 -
I have photographed them
0 -
No that is the peculiar thing. also when checking with monzo the have no idea who I am and they agree I have no account?
0 -
Right so the letter isnt asking for payments to be made to an account outside the app, so defo not a sophisticated scam by a third party.
0 -
Im guessing there will be another letter with bank details at some point?
0 -
Maybe, but Flex payments are made by using funds from the main Monzo account and are done in the app.
At this point I would just ignore it, but Monzo need to properly investigate why you have been sent it.
0 -
Monzo Flex is a buy-now-pay-later type of credit. I think that letter looks suspiciously realistic, with no obvious fraud/scam call-to-action, and I would double-check with Monzo. I'd be wary that you've been the victim of the identity theft and credit taken out in your name.
Was the letter addressed to your correct name? Did you email Monzo via the email address on the letter too?
But if they are 100% confident there's no account/credit in your name, then i guess that all you can do.
There's a chance someone has taken credit out in your name, and Monzo have addressed it internally, and have advised call centre staff to not share details. Keep an eye on your credit reports.
It could also be a mistaken identity by someone at Monzo, and was intended for someone else with a similar name.
0 -
I would go for a formal complaint. There is no way that letter should have been sent out and is likely down to a database error / mix up somewhere in their system. Without a complaint it is unlikely the matter will be pushed upwards.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards







