We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Gatwick Drop-Off, keeper being asked for driving photocard license
Good evening. I'm the keeper of a vehicle that Times Parking are claiming visited the drop off zone at Gatwick for about five minutes.
I have appealed as keeper, citing the usual information. Including the fact that POFA doesn't apply in this case, and even if it did they are significantly out of the 14 days window. In addition the time stated of the contravention is insufficient time for a driver to enter into any contract. I have declined to reveal the name of any driver of the vehicle.
I have received a second email as keeper asking me the following:
Further to your appeal, please provide a copy of the Photo ID section of your driving license to enable us to verify
the driver against unredacted images held.
Your notice will be put on hold for 14 days for you to provide the evidence requested.
As the keeper, I'm unsure why they want my driving license. And I'm not inclined to randomly provide it to them. I've not seen this tactic before, but presume that a polite "no thank you" is in order? Or just ignore...
C
Comments
-
Ignore that stupid request
4 -
Plenty of people will be stupid enough to comply or else they wouldn't try it on.
4 -
As above, IGNORE that request, no response, instead read the following similar case
Or, reply with the following
You are not entitled to request a copy of a driving licence, and nor will I be providing one.
Gatwick Airport is not “relevant land” under Schedule 4 POFA 2012.
The land is under statutory airport bylaws, so keeper liability does not apply. Times24 UK Ltd cannot hold the registered keeper liable for this charge.
Please cancel the PCN. If you refuse, I will escalate to the IAS, so should the charge not be cancelled forthwith, I will be reporting your contrary position to the Joint CoP to the DVLA and the CMAOr
You are not entitled to request a copy of a driving licence, and nor will I be providing one. The DVLA and BPA/IPC have told all members that appeals MUST NOT be or appear conditional on disclosing who was driving and further to this it will be reported to both DVLA and the IPC as breach of conduct.Gatwick Airport is not “relevant land” under Schedule 4 POFA 2012.
The land is under statutory airport bylaws, so keeper liability does not apply. Times24 UK Ltd cannot hold the registered keeper liable for this charge.Please cancel the PCN. If you refuse, I will escalate to the IAS,so should the charge not be cancelled forthwith, I will be reporting your contrary position to the Joint CoP to the DVLA , the IPC and the CMA7 -
Hello all - Following your kind advice above, I sent the standard reply below to Times 24:
This is an appeal by the registered keeper - No driver details will be given. Please do not bother with your known fishing expedition in an attempt to get driver details to try and get around the fact there is no keeper liability (and never can be under POFA).
Due to this being airport land, you will be well aware there is no keeper liability due to the byelaws in force and the fact this is not relevant land.
If you waste your time asking for driver details this will be ignored and you will still lose at the appeal stage, if you dont cancel the PCN
So let's save my time and yours and cancel this PCN you simply cannot win this (and you know it).Your letter amount to rogue behaviour and your own governing body has confirmed this.
I had also pointed out that their request was outside of the 14 day window. They responded today with the attached. I now have the choice of paying or appealing. Is this their last attempt at getting a payment in. Are we secure on the grounds if it goes to an appeal? Does Elliott v Loake (1982) hold any relevance?
Any advice or support, confidence in this would be helpful. I'm happy to attend any appeal but want to make sure I am on a strong legal footing. Thank you all :)Help!
0 -
Elliott v Loake doesn’t apply and they know that
POFA isn’t available and they know that
You don’t have to pay them anything and they know that.
They are trying it on, again, so don’t pay anything.
You can try an appeal to IAS. There are a few examples knocking around on other threads. IAS aren’t impartial by any definition but their decision isn’t binding on you. Times may well fold if you do appeal as it will cost them
The bottom line is that you aren’t liable and won’t be paying as per loads of other threads on this forum
5 -
Study the Main Airport group thread regarding the reply above
Appeals are not conducted in person, so you definitely cannot attend
3 -
Guys, wouldn’t it be easier just to tell them you’re the keeper but don’t have a driving licence?
0 -
If that's true.
Even better, for keepers who were not the driver and don't match the face in the photo, simply send your driving licence with the number/ref redacted, and tell them to do one.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


