We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Driving license request from Times Parking
hello all
I received a PCN notice to identify the driver from Gatwick drop-off from Times parking.
I appealed on the standard airport appeal grounds and that they sent the notice 16 days after the event according to their own dates on the notice.
They have now replied asking for a copy of my driving license photo?! Surely only the police could request this? How do I best respond?
I’ve not seen this before
see attached and thank you
Comments
-
Ignore them, there is no legal requirement to identify the driver
IMHO they are not entitled to request such data and I would not supply it
In fact, there are some keepers who dont have a driving licence, don't drive. !
3 -
I wonder whar happens in his/her village when he/she is at work ?
0 -
How sneaky is that; they won't have useable "unredacted images" of the driver, their ANPR system (inherited from NCP) is there to just capture the VRN, they are just trying to frighten you into thinking they have further evidence they don't.
I'd be inclined to call their bluff and ask them to send these images of the driver so you can see if you recognise them!
5 -
A lot of people (like me who passed their test in the previous century) still have a paper licence with no photo. Good luck with that!
If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...4 -
what was in your appeal?
shame you didnt use the standard airport appeal minus the popla redaction, that would have won it automatically
of course you dont send it
edit….
i would log a new appeal using the standard short appeal text but remove any reference to popla
This is an appeal by the registered keeper - No driver details will be given. Please do not bother with your known fishing expedition in an attempt to get driver details to try and get around the fact there is no keeper liability (and never can be under POFA).
Due to this being airport land you will be well aware there is no keeper liability due to the byelaws in force and the fact this is not relevant land.
If you waste your time asking for driver details this will be ignored and you will still lose at POPLA if you dont cancel the PCN
So let's save my time and yours and cancel this PCN you simply cannot win this (and you know it).7 -
Until you hit 70 and have to get a 3 yearly licence
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein1 -
Correct, but I've got a couple of decades to enjoy until then :)
If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...0 -
Send back a complaint. citing the DVLA's stated position and @ChirpyChicken's words.
This is rogue conduct, again
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2 -
I have also recently received the same letter from Times parking asking for the photo ID of my driving license, in relation to Gatwick drop off.
I have replied with this;
You are not entitled to request a copy of a driving licence, and nor will I be providing one. The DVLA and IPC/BPA have told all members that appeals MUST NOT be or appear conditional on disclosing who was driving and further to this it will be reported to both DVLA and the IPC as breach of conduct.
Gatwick Airport is not “relevant land” under Schedule 4 POFA 2012.
The land is under statutory airport bylaws, so keeper liability does not apply. Times24 UK Ltd cannot hold the registered keeper liable for this charge.Please cancel the PCN. If you refuse, I will escalate to the IAS
5
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





